Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Click to go to The Broke and the Bookish's blog
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week you have to make your own Top Ten list. This week the "question" is: 
Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition
I decided to give it a go this week, though I don't know if I'm going to remember doing it every week. And also, does it have to be Top Ten? because with this "question" I don't want to do it in any particular order, I love them all equally. 


1. Jay Asher
Jay Asher wrote Thirteen Reasons Why, which is really popular, but I feel like that is the only book people know he has written. Now I make it sound like he has written tons of books, which is not true. He has written two young adult books: Thirteen Reasons Why and The Future of Us (which is really good, but not that well known). 

If you haven't already read Paranormalcy, please leave and go do that NOW! In Paranormalcy she writes about this world where all of these different creatures exist, which is done before, but not like this. All of her characters are amazing. Many people may already have read the Paranormalcy trilogy, but not everyone have read Mind Games, which they really should! 

3. Kimberly Derting  
The Body Finder. Need I say more? This is really one of my favorite series. Amazing. I haven't read The Pledge yet, but I can just tell that because it was written by Kimberly Derting it is going to be amaziiiing.
In The Body Finder she managed to make me scared a couple of times, and I mean, I'm reading a book and hiding behind a pillow instead of just putting it down, because it is so exciting. 

4.  Jenny Han 
Can we just talk about how good the Summer series is? I love it when books swallow me in so that I really can't think about anything but this book and where people have to take the book out of my hands and hide it before they can get me to not read it. It is sooooo good. 

5.  Amy Garvey 
She has written some adult romance novels, but recently started writing young adult too. Honestly I didn't expect to like her Cold Kiss series, and only got it because I found an ARC of the second book at Powell's bookstore in Portland, OR, but it was just really good and I really can't recommend it enought! I'm so excited to see what else she comes up with. 

I don't think I'll ever be able to tell how much I love Tempest. It is just so well done and beautifully written. It's one of those series that I think everyone has on their to-read list on Goodreads (at least if you're one of those - like me - who have millions of books on that list), but hasn't gotten to yet, like I hadn't just a few days ago.
Really if you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend you doing so.


I read Fracture as part of the Debut Author Challenge last year - that I participated in secretly, without posting reviews and stuff, but just reading the books because I thought the idea was cool. Anyways the book turned out to be extremely good and really different from everything else I've read. I just cannot wait for the second book and I think you should read Fracture, because it is so good and because Megan Miranda is such a good writer. 

Michelle Hodkin wrote the Mara Dyer trilogy, which is well known, but I feel like it's only the books and not the author. I want Michelle Hodkin to be as known as Cassandra Clare and Suzanne Collins, not because you can compare the three series and worlds in any way, but because Michelle Hodkin wrote this utterly amazing trilogy (I keep saying trilogy, because it is one, but the last one hasn't come out yet, and could end up disappointing me - not likely!), but she doesn't get enough recognition.

9. Huntley Fitzpatrick 
She's only released one book so far, but it really got to me and I honestly can't get it out of my mind. It may be just another chick-lit book, but I thought it was such a great plot and the writing was so amazing. I feel like Huntley Fitzpatrick is going to be the next big chick-lit author, like Sarah Dessen and Simone Elkeles. 

10. Emily Hainsworth. 
Definitely one of the most interesting reads I have read. I just wanted to put her on this list, because she wrote a book that I loved. She is definitely a - what do you call it, star rising? At least I thought you should give this one a try and see what you think.
Should probably mentioned that Emily Hainsworth has also only written one book, and that is Through to You, which is the one I recommend you reading. 

5 comments:

  1. I like Jay Asher as well! I have "Thirteen Reasons Why" on my shelf, but I never got around to read it. I think this summer I'm finally going to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Thirteen Reasons Why two years ago in July, and I thought it was a great summer read!
      Have you read The Future of Us? :)

      Delete
  2. Good list, I love Jay Asher as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, I agree, Kimberly Derting, FTW! I haven't read her new series, starting with the book 'The Pledge' though! Have gotta start reading it! And Jay Asher, his books sound so interesting! Thanks so much for this fantastic list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. If you haven't read any of Jay Asher's books, you really should go do that. They're amazing!
      And thank you. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog. You have no idea how much it means to me. :-D

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...