Thursday, July 25, 2013

Quick: Read or Don't #June&July

~~ In this series of posts I will wrap up the books that I read throughout the past month, but didn't review. (Hopefully) I'll post it in the end of every month. ~~
-------------------------

 Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally 
242 pages ~ Published on October 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Fire
Book's Goodreads Author's website
To be honest I only read the first few pages, but only because I'd already bought it and wanted to give it one more chance. I had to quit a few chapters in, because I could tell I wouldn't like it. Didn't want to waste my time.
I'm not even going to try the third book, even though I already bought it (bought all three at the same time, because I thought I'd love them).

Conclusion = Didn't finish.

-------------------------


Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting 
355 pages ~ Published on Ferbruary 15th 2011 by HaperCollins Children's Books
Book's Goodreads ~ Author's website
I really loved this book! It's the second one in The Body Finder series and it's just fabulous. I don't think I have anything bad to say about it. It has some creepiness, love, great characters, great plot. Just go read it and experience it's amazingness for yourself (read The Body Finder first, though).  

Conclusion = LOVED IT, GO READ IT NOW.


-------------------------

Entwined by Heather Dixon 
472 pages ~ Published on March 29th 2011 by Greenwillow Books
Book's Goodreads Author's website 
I love YA Historical Fiction with a hint of magic. And I think I would have loved this book, if it hadn't been for the whole fairytale-retelling thing. It's a retelling of the The Twelve Dancing Princesses, and I didn't like that part. Everything else, the part that made it a retelling and not the original, was great though! 
Conclusion = If you liked the original, go for it!

-------------------------

The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
277 pages - Published on March 22nd 2011 by Speak - Originally published on March 9th 2010 by Dial.
Book's website ~ Book's Goodreads

This book was funny, real, heartbreaking and AMAZING. I really enjoyed reading it by the poolside. Highly recommend it, though not only as a summer-read.
Warning: Wear waterproof mascara if reading in public and remember Kleenex. 
Conclusion = READ.

-------------------------

Other books read in the month of June & July:
Tempest by Julie Cross
Pivot Point by Kasie West

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog. You have no idea how much it means to me. :-D

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...