Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Title: Hopeless (Hopeless #1)
Author: Colleen Hoover
406 pages, May 7th 2013, Atria Books
Goodreads' synopsis: "Sky, a senior in high school, meets Dean Holder, a guy with a promiscuous reputation that rivals her own. From their very first encounter, he terrifies and captivates her. Something about him sparks memories of her deeply troubled past, a time she’s tried so hard to bury. Though Sky is determined to stay far away from him, his unwavering pursuit and enigmatic smile break down her defenses and the intensity of the bond between them grows. But the mysterious Holder has been keeping secrets of his own, and once they are revealed, Sky is changed forever and her ability to trust may be a casualty of the truth.
Only by courageously facing the stark revelations can Sky and Holder hope to heal their emotional scars and find a way to live and love without boundaries. Hopeless is a novel that will leave you breathless, entranced, and remembering your own first love."

I loved finding out where the title came from
I really loved Hopeless, and I was so into the story that I felt almost everything Sky felt, whenever she got embarrassed (and believe me that was a lot) I would get super embarrassed, when she cried I would cry, and when she got mad I got mad. I don't know if it's because it's written well and is super relatable, or whether it's because I am in a very emotional state (due to personal stuff), so that I easily feel the stuff she feels. Maybe it's a mixture of both.
Sky was funny. She also did a lot of stupid stuff, due to her lack of experience with technology. I really liked Holder, too. I thought he was a great great guy, and he and Sky are super cute together.
The plot was really great. It wasn't like the usual "girl meets boy -> they fall in love -> they get in a fight -> they get back together and live happily ever after", it was a little different, and sometimes it even took me by surprise, which I don't know for sure whether I liked or not, because some of the stuff happened out of nowhere, but I'm willing to oversee it, because it ended up working for the story.
All in all I really liked this, and can definitely recommend it.

More information and places to buy this book: 
Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
 Click to see book on Goodreads Click to see book on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog. You have no idea how much it means to me. :-D

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...