Friday, March 7, 2014

Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott

Title: Heartbeat
Author: Elizabeth Scott
244 pages, January 28th 2014, Harlequin Teen
Goodreads' synopsis: "Life. Death. And...Love?

Emma would give anything to talk to her mother one last time. Tell her about her slipping grades, her anger with her stepfather, and the boy with the bad reputation who might be the only one Emma can be herself with.

But Emma can't tell her mother anything. Because her mother is brain-dead and being kept alive by machines for the baby growing inside her.

Meeting bad-boy Caleb Harrison wouldn't have interested Old Emma. But New Emma-the one who exists in a fog of grief, who no longer cares about school, whose only social outlet is her best friend Olivia-New Emma is startled by the connection she and Caleb forge.

Feeling her own heart beat again wakes Emma from the grief that has grayed her existence. Is there hope for life after death-and maybe, for love?"
This book was a really quick and short read. It was only 244 pages, and it had super short chapters, so I was able to read this in just one day, no problem. Sometimes, though, I would think that the short chapters were too short. Usually, a chapter ends with something happening that makes you want to keep reading, but this one didn't. It was a new chapter every other page (not even exaggerating), and I would have no problem putting the book down.
The book is about Emma, who is trying to deal with her mom passing away. She is very angry, and you can even tell that she is very angry, which could get a little too much sometimes.
I really liked the character development. There wasn't one person in this book that I wasn't sure could be a real person. Caleb was such a great guy. I really liked him. I wasn't a huge fan of Emma, but I also didn't dislike her, she was kind of just one of those main characters that you don't love. 
At first I wasn't fully sold on what the book was about, but the more I read the better it got, so. 

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

 Click to see book on Goodreads Click to see book on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my blog. You have no idea how much it means to me. :-D

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...